Monday, November 3, 2008

Hay Bales 5x5in

sold

A plein air study made in Cyprus. Working very quickly and rhythmically with warm colours - trying to capture the essence and feeling of the place.

Since 1994 Rory O' Byrne the Arts Officer representing the Fingal County Council Municipal Art Collection has been assembling an amazing collection of Art works that are displayed in the Public buildings and offices of the Council. The collection features works from established and international artists such as Pauline Bewick, Alice Maher and Patrick Scott.

Rory came to visit me at the show and in my studio and has purchased five of my works for the Public Collection with an appointment to visit again in the new year to see more work. A humbling experience. I am absolutely delighted to have had the opportunity to meet Rory and show him a selection of the work I have made over the years. Hope my work will be enjoyed by all who see it.

Tomorrow is the last day of the '1 for 1' exhibition. Everybody can come to collect there paintings on Thursday between 10am and 8pm. See you then.

- Richard

No comments: