Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Meadow Brown



The Meadow Brown - Oil/canvas - 28"x20" - sold
...............................................................................

I turn the lea-green down
Gaily now,
And paint the meadow brown
With my plough.

I dream with silvery gull
And brazen crow.
A thing that is beautiful
I may know.

Tranquillity walks with me
And no care.
O, the quiet ecstasy
Like a prayer.

I find a star-lovely art
In a dark sod.
Joy that is timeless! O heart
That knows God!

'Ploughman' - by Patrick Kavanagh



This piece entitled 'The Meadow Brown', is the second of the larger landscape paintings created since my arrival in the Burren.
Inspired by the land around me it contains vibrant gestural marks made up of earthy colours found here in the landscape.
The stone walls of the Burren draw me in. Each wall, to me, is like the signature of the man who build it.
Like the Art I admire and aspire to - the walls inhabit a strong sense of conviction and authenticity.


Hope you like this painting.
-Richard



(Detail)
The Meadow Brown - Oil/ canvas - 28"x20"

No comments: