Thursday, November 26, 2009

Delft Bowl with Knife and Apple



Delft Bowl with Knife and Apple - oil/panel - 7"x5" - sold

Have just arrived in after the most exhilarating day painting in the RHA - Royal Hibernian Academy on Ely Place in Dublin City.

To my delight I was recently invited to join into the RHA life drawing sessions.

Some of Ireland's most prominent painters are in this group including James Hanley, Martin Gale and Mick O'Dea. It was just an amazing experience to be painting with them.
Can not wait to go back in the week after next.

I spent the day painting from life and have a near finished piece to show for it.

Over the next few days I will compose a new blog which will feature all finished figurative works I produce during these RHA sessions.

The morning light through my studio window gave this piece above a real focus, and the strong long shadows casted by each of the various objects, I felt, created really interesting negative shapes as I began to crop in on my subject.
Hope you like it.
-Richard

No comments: