Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bagged Chillies



Bagged Chillies with thumb tack - oil/panel - 7"x5" - sold

Just arrived back to Dublin after my second two week residency in studio at the Cill Rialaig Art Foundation in Co. Kerry.
I have to say its all a bit of a shock arriving back to Dublin traffic and bright lights, not to mention a telly and a computer!

Having kept myself occupied for two weeks in studio on a cliffs edge with some paint and brushes, Lyric fm and a turf fire to keep stacked this is all a bit to much to cope with!
Anyway I'll manage, and will admit missing sending out my finished works for you all to see.

So here we are - what I intend to do is to post all the observational still life paintings made over the last weeks. Then concentrate on sending out a body of work dealing with the landscape which I made in my studio in Cill Rialaig from memory and some 'plein air' pieces created in and around the magnificent Ballinskeilligs and cliffs at Bolus head.

The piece above was the first completed piece made on the night of arrival at my studio.
I was attracted to the idea of describing these beautiful colourful chillies. They were sitting side by side in this dark triangular package and decided to thumb tack the package to the wall and make a study from there.

Hope you like it.
- Richard

No comments: