Monday, December 28, 2009

Cottage Reflection



Cottage Reflection - oil on canvas - 14"x10" - sold

After long walks I find myself more 'tuned in' and looser in my approach and application when it comes to my handling of paint - just saying enough in describing with the quickest and simplest of strokes. The images I create in this fashion I feel are evocative and resonate more energy as though they are painting themselves.

Tomorrow morning I leave to take up residency back at the cottage studio in Cill Rialaig. This will be my third residency in Cill Rialaig this year and I am so delighted to be asked back and afforded this opportunity to work in such a special place.

On January 6th an RTE nationwide tv crew are coming to meet me in studio to document my art and work practice. Will let you know when the documentary is being aired.

I should be returning to Dublin on the 12th of January and will update you on the work I have made. Until then I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year.

- Richard

No comments: