Monday, June 14, 2010

Towards Grassina, Tuscany



Towards Grassina, Tuscany - oil/panel - 7"x5" - sold

Just arrived home on Saturday after a two week stay in Tuscany, Italy.

Firstly I would like to take the opportunity to thank Jack and Karrie for inviting me to the most wonderful and magical wedding. I am so honoured to have been able to share that with you both and will remember our time spent there with immense happiness and fondness.

I found the light, landscape and the people there to be a constant source of inspiration and managed to create 11 pieces during my stay close to the little village of Grassina located on the northern tip of the Chianti region.

Experimenting throughout the holiday, I used a limited palette of 4 colours of which I combined a rose red, cool yellow and french ultramarine blue.

The piece above is the first painting I made from just outside the villa where we stayed.

The vista was magnificent - with vineyards, soft rolling hills and cypress trees leading out towards the distant mountains.

Hope you Like it.

- Richard

No comments: