Friday, November 12, 2010

* 'Like a River Flows' - Exhibition Notice



Atlantic Edge - oil on canvas - 40" x 30"

This piece above entitled 'Atlantic Edge' will feature in my upcoming show entitled 'Like a River Flows'. I am using this exhibition to showcase and celebrate a large and very diverse selection of paintings that I have created over the years.

The Official Opening takes place in two weeks time on Thusday 25th of November 2010 in the ultra modern Fingal County Hall in Swords Village, Co. Dublin. Guest Speaker Mr Ken Brown - Mayor of Fingal.

The show will be divided into two main areas. The ground floor will feature more recent Works ranging from Still Life to Interior and Landscape while the second floor will feature a selection of large scale works created both here in Ireland and during time spent in Thailand.

When it comes to painting and image making my creative output has always been very diverse.
I have never allowed myself to become comfortable in any particular style, subject matter or medium. Working this way I feel enables me to really master my chosen craft and means of expression while at the same time keeps a real sense of excitement and achievement.

I think John O' Donohue best sums up this feeling of endless realms of expansion, excitement and artistic endeavor in the following poem.

'I would love to live
Like a river flows,
Carried by the surprise
Of its own unfolding'.

From ' Fluent' by John o' Donohue

No comments: