Thursday, August 11, 2011

Old Silver Tea Pot




Old Silver Tea Pot with garden flowers - oil on gesso panel - 12"x9" - sold

As many of you know I delight in completing a painting in a single sitting, but over the past year or so through further development within my practice and processes some studio pieces I feel need extra consideration.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be concentrating on posting some larger scale observational studio pieces that have been 'in flux and development' over the past year or so. These art works have just come together for me over the past week through insights. I suppose the time was just right for a coordinated coming together of learnt and gleaned ideas as well as inspiration and the impetus to get them right.

This piece was recently created (in a couple of sittings) at my cottage in Co. Mayo. I Love the variety and assemblage of brush strokes and scumbles that I layed in to describe the Silver Tea Pot and how this reflective quaility of the old tea pot is thus communicated. (see Detail Below)

Hope you like it.
- Richard




No comments: