Monday, May 28, 2012

New Path









New Path - oil/panel - sold

Yesterday was the varnishing day at the Royal Hibernian Academy.
Artists, collectors and friends of the RHA were invited along to celebrate prize giving and a preview of the launch of the 182nd annual exhibition.
To see my art work hanging there is a real privilege and honour for me. We were told by the Academy President that there were over 3000 submissions by artists and only 300 artists works taken. Only 10% of all entries gained a place!

The Academy artists are allocated about 3 pieces each (or more in some cases) which takes up a large percentage of the gallery rooms, then there are also invited artists. They also get quite a bit of room to show work. I had a thought that it could be beneficial if they had a show for open submissions and a separate annual show for the full and part time members of the academy!

Anyway, I feel this marks a new place on my path as an artist and am now just reeling, rearing and ready to work towards the chance to expand and develop myself, my practice and my vision further.

No comments: