Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Out and About over the New Year

















Firstly I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year 2013!
I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends, and enjoyed ringing in the New Year.

I've been back on the islands here in Thailand over the past couple of weeks after my trip north.
It's been so nice to be back here, meeting with old friends, and making new ones.
I love island life, the sound of the sea so close to my bungalow, the fresh air and the surrounding nature.
I have been waking each morning to head out and about to paint plein air, even after a few drinks the night before! It's just the best way to start the day!

There is a great energy here, and the chance to paint again in such a location has been amazing.
Below are a few pics of me at work. Since arriving I have made a large figure in landscape wall painting, five plein air landscapes and eight Still Life studies in the evenings. I'll share images of these pieces with you over the coming days as I get back into the routine.

Last night I was invited to do a painting demo at a Bar party. I painted while a brilliant percussion and didgeridoo band from Bangkok played these amazing African vibes. It was one of the best parties I have ever been at!

Tomorrow morning a Dutch film maker wants to video me at work outdoors. So looking forward to that and hoping I can put in a good performance at the easel.























No comments: