Friday, August 29, 2014

Forty Days and Forty Nights

Here is an image of a very recently finished large format painting.
I suppose the initial concept for this painting was to explore and illustrate the space and light in my studio as well as the idea of searching for a 'paintings subject', the subject of this painting, being a painting!

I have two studio spaces in which I work at home.  In one of the studios I create most of my representational pieces. This space has north light. The other studio space has light that streams in from the west in the evenings. I use this space to create large scale works that I will share with you some time next year.

Forty Day and Forty Nights - oil on linen - 40"x30" - sold
Private Collection, Ireland.








































No comments: