Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Communion

Old men ought to be explorers.
Here or there does not matter.
We must be still and still moving.
Into another intensity.
For another union, a deeper communion.

- from Four Quartets,  East Coker (1940) by T.S. Eliot

Over the years I've been blessed enough to live in some of the most beautiful parts of the west of Ireland. I even grew up in a stunning Irish seaside village called Malahide. About five years ago I spent time, the best part of a year in fact, just outside the town of Westport in County Mayo. My home and studio were located on the quay area of Clew bay. Many evenings I would walk or run along the coast road close to the shoreline. My memories of my time spent there are of a wonderful communing with nature.

This painting is Reserved for my coming Los Angeles Solo Show which opens on Friday October 30th 2015 in Pasadena, C.A. More details to follow. Please contact me for advanced reserve and pricing of for this piece -  info@richardhearns.com

Communion - oil on panel - 70 x 50cm




No comments: